Removal of left top door hinge 1994 Explorer?

I am posting this for my brother Al in Vancouver. Any ideas?

Bill, I've been trying to replace the left top front door hinge on Mary's Explorer but can't figure out how to get it off. One of the bolts has a nut that is inside under the dashboard and I can't see anyway to get to it without taking out the whole dashboard. Her's is a 1994 and in

1995 they changed it so that the nut was on the outside. I've been looking on the internet for advice but not getting anywhere. Any ideas? I've spent a couple of hours tinkering at a junk yard but can;t figure it out. I could probably get it out by ripping and tearing but what's the use if I can't get back in ours without ripping and tearing. Al
Reply to
BillM

I'm not familiar with this particular vehicle, but the bolt in question is usually accessible by removing the parking brake pedal asy, kick panel trim and the lower IP trim. There will be an access hole in there somewhere, it's a matter of removing pieces to find it. You might try Ebay for the 1994 Ford Truck service CD, they are about $10. This would give you exactly what you are looking for. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins