removing ford ka door trim

I need to remove the door trim on my ford ka but i can't get the window winder handle off. Does anyone know how i can acheive this? I've tried pulling as hard as i can and am afraid it might break if i try harder!

The Haynes manual suggests and I quote here "with windows shut and position of handle noted carefully pull the handle from the regulator shaft" I cant tell u anymore since Ive never done this job myself, but typical Haynes manual understatement is to be expected...for example they will tell you to remove the rear drum from the hub....when it actual fact your braying seven bell of shite out of it trying to get it released! best of luck.

Yes, I know it's a Chevy door pictured, but I took the quickest way to give a visual of something I would never be able to describe.
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/howto/148_0401_power /
http://www.autobodysupplies.com/INDEXES%20ETC.%202002%20C-P%20Catalog.pdf
Happy modeming, Bill