Ford Escort - clutch & reverse lights (uk)

Having problems with my escort. Just been given it and it has a few problems. Managed to fix most just these last few problems :-

Clutch - the biting point is low and it crunches going in to 3rd gear

Reverse Light - Have changed the bulb but has not helped. The wires are all ok, think it could be the switch but were is it located?

Regards, Trevor

Reply to
Trev

Hiya Trevor,

I'm presuming that this is a front wheel drive Escort.

Could be the auto adjust mechanism at the top of the clutch pedal. It is a plastic ratchet and pawl thing and failure is commom. Cost you about a fiver for new bits but will take ages to fit, you need arms that bend in four places while you're laid upside down.

The reverse light switch is on the front of the gearbox as you look under the bonnet, depending on model it could be underneath a mounting support. Unplug it and short out the pins, switch on the ignition, should have lights.

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

Sorry, Its a FWD and its a 1.8td, im a complete novice at this, but think im looking in the right place and its aquard to get to the gear thingy

Regards, Trevor

Reply to
Trev

Yey, i found it, Thanks for the help :)

Thanks

Reply to
Dood

hiya,

aquard???

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

It was very aqward! The air box filter for the turbo was over the top of it, Could only just fit my hand down there! Sorted it though! Thanks!

Reply to
Trev