Repair Quote

I recently had a mechanic quote to replace welsh plugs and 4 tie rod ends in a 6 cylinder ford sedan (Australian 1992 Falcon). He said it would take 48
hours! Does this sounds excessive to anyone?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Maybe he just meant he's do the job over the weekend?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope, that's how long he reckons it will take and is to charge 48 hours time!
Add pictures here
βœ–
Checked with Ford dealer. Whole job no longer than 5½ hours!!!! No more back yard mechanics for us!

Add pictures here
βœ–

Hey!
That's alright, I didnt want to do it anyway. ------ Well, maybe I will ... in fact I'll do it for nothing; you buy parts...
Just pay for my transportation there and back
you pay..DEAL with it!
βœ–

No worries, Geezer.. Where do you live? When can you come to Queensland Australia?
Add pictures here
βœ–
D & J G wrote:

me what a "welsh plug" is first. :) Oh wait, if a welsh plug is the same as a feeze plug and you want them ALL replaced I'll have to think it over. You probably have to pull the engine and strip it down to replace them all. Why not replace the one that is leaking only?
Add pictures here
βœ–
D & J G wrote:

labor plus parts taxes maybe what 4500 dollars ...beat him up for say 10 dollars ! hahah
Add pictures here
βœ–