shift cable?

i have a 92 Ford Aerostar with a bad shift cable... it has a tilt column shift with airbags ..... my local junk yard has a automatic floor shift and cable for 30bucks... can i convert to a floor shift and take off the
old column shift lever?? does this involve pulling my stearingwheel and airbag?? ........... can someone please tell me the steps i need to convert this to a floor shift...or the steps involved to just replace the stock cable?? Please Help Thank-you
well then can anyone just tell me how to pull a steering wheel when it has a air bag?

====================You are better off fixing it than modifing the crap out of it with a floor shift, way more work in the long run. The steering wheel comes off just like any other. You have to pull the bag first, probably just a couple bolts on the back side of the wheel. No big deal, get it loose, uplug it and set it aside bracket side down(just in case) :). Once the bag is off it is just another steering wheel.