slfordteck admitts to not following tire pressures

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:00:01 GMT, "Jim Warman"

lmfao other manufatures ran the same tire at 26 psi
warman tell me why run 35 ?? was your vehicle aligned at 35 psi
lmfao
It doesn't matter what pressure I align the vehicle at as long as the pressures are equal side to side.... What do you do? Bag your customer for an alignment every time he loads his vehicle different? If your customer loads his axle to max capacity, is he doomed to running his tire at a less than ideal pressure because of a "recommendation" on the door sticker? Steerike One!!!
What other manufacturers ran what tire at "the same pressure"??? Mayhaps we will try and compare apples and oranges in your next post? Steerike Two!!!
When the dust was settling after the Firestone/Explorer debacle, many felt that the low recommended operating pressure was too low for the tire/vehicle combination and that the low pressure recommendation was partially to blame for the tire failures. Given that the tire recall was a Ford recall rather than a Firestone recall may add some credence to that line of reasoning. If you really cared about your chosen profession, you would know that Firestone issued a press release recommending that their tires should be inflated to no less than 30 psi when fitted on the Ford Explorer.Steerike Three!!! Yerrr out!!!
Since you are such a stickler for the book (yeah.... right...), I don't see how you can fix anything given the misprints and inappropriate tests listed in the PC/ED and WSM. No one is really sure of what force drives you, but we are all very happy that we don't share it.