Squeeky Brakes on F150

Hi,
I have a 2003 F150 Supercrew. When the brakes are damp, they make a lot of noise when brakes are depressed to stop while backing up. Has anyone else
noticed this problem? It has been like it since I bought it new in June 2003.
My dealer says there is no problem. I have spoken to another owner who has the same truck. He has noticed it too.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,

There truck is fine. My Peugeot used to do that too.
Don't worry about it.
Jeff

My 02 SuperCrew does it too...all you can do is turn the radio up full blast and you wont hear it any more....
FWIW, I'm a Ford Master tech...

of
has

It may be possible that some grease or oil may have gotten on the brakes or the brake pads are real cheap. I bought some for my 99 from Autozone that squeaked from day 1. I kept them for about a month and then bought some at another parts store and they did not squeak. To eliminate the oil/grease, clean the brakes good with a brake cleaner and use some sand paper to go over the rotors and pads. If it still squeaks, replace them. I hope this helps.

When I was working in "the trenches" we would put anti-sieze on the back of the pads and chamfer (grind an angle) on the edges of the pads. For some reason the square edge made thing squeal
Worked 95% of the time

Which, it should be noted, is common now on replacement pads.
If doing yourelf, need only be done on leading edge, per given rotation.
you pay..DEAL with it!
joe schmoe wrote:

Never used anti sieze, but yep, chamfering them helps immensely. I never tried it, but maybe some of that "blue goo" brake noise compound may help. (On the backs of the pads, of course).

Yeh, I've got an '04 F-150 doing the same thing.
I asked a co-worker knowledgeable about such things, and he suggested the same thing about the edges of the pads. Or, he said, just live with it.
Never bothered to fix it. Didn't bother me all *that* much. Eventually went away on its own...
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:00:43 GMT, "Yammie"

My '02 SuperDuty makes a really loud groaning noise when brakes are wet (like right after a wash, haven't seen it when it's raining) and I'm backing up slowly. Goes away once the brakes are warm and dry.