2005 F150 SuperCrew

I have the above truck with the 5.4L EFI engine. My question is: does this engine have the 3 valve system? Does not indicate this on the window sticker. .. bamp

Reply to
bamp

Edmunds thinks it has three valves per cylinder.

"5.4L V8 SOHC 24V FI Engine"

24 valves / 8 cylinders = 3

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
***
Reply to
DH

The 2 valve 5.4 is no more... all of the 5.4 pick up engines are now 3 valve.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I would take Warman's word for it, but just to be sure you can check the eigth digit on your VIN for a "5". See decode below, according to alldatadiy.com.

5 - 5.4L, 3-valve, SOHC, V8, EFI W - 4.6L, SOHC, V8, EFI
Reply to
sleepdog

I would take Warman's word for it, but just to be sure you can check the eigth digit on your VIN for a "5". See decode below, according to alldatadiy.com.

5 - 5.4L, 3-valve, SOHC, V8, EFI W - 4.6L, SOHC, V8, EFI
Reply to
sleepdog

Great info! Thanks Ya'll .. bamp

Reply to