Stereo removal question

I am going to be selling my 1996 Mercury Mystique and had a Sony stereo/CD changer put into it. I would like to remove my Sony stereo and put in the original Mercury stereo, but am not sure how to get to
it. It is behind plastic molding and before I start ripping/breaking plastic I figured I would find out if there is a specific place to start.
Thanks
at www.bough4less.com there is a FREE section for HELP/HOW TO,,, try there, look under Install doctor.com I think Follow its links to the area thatr has pics on R&R of the stereo in Contour/mystiques.
: I am going to be selling my 1996 Mercury Mystique and had a Sony : stereo/CD changer put into it. I would like to remove my Sony stereo : and put in the original Mercury stereo, but am not sure how to get to : it. It is behind plastic molding and before I start ripping/breaking : plastic I figured I would find out if there is a specific place to : start. : : Thanks : : G
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net says...

The Contour/Mystique have standard DIN openings. The radio is probably mounted in a metal sleeve that itself is mounted in the hole. There is probably a thin trimring around the radio. That will probably pop off. There will probably be some clip or something to squeeze, and then you pull the radio straight out.