stock brake master cylinder on '97 Town Car

I need a new brake master cylinder for my 1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier series. I want to replace it with (preferably NOS) the exact same part it came
with. What was that part #, manufacturer etc?
Car is not with me right now so I can't check. Does anyone know for sure?
Thanks in advance
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in article

Your friendly local Lincoln dealer's parts department would be the best place to find what you are seeking.
Next would be NAPA, Carquest or any of the other aftermarket stores.
On May 14, 1:11 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Please help me understand exactly what a NOS brake cylinder is and how it would be different from the component dealer parts department would supply.
I would have to think that a car dealer would be an excellent source for a part number. Or a parts house.
I'm going to guess that one of several companies could have made that part, so I don't undersatnd how that information could be obtained. And more importantly how it could possibly be useful.

www.rockauto.com will be your friend in this matter.
On May 14, 1:11 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ford and Lincoln dealers are reluctant to give part #'s to customers for some reason. I've never understood it but sometimes my regular parts guy will let me have the # and then make sure I understand to not tell anyone where I got the #. Anyway You don't need the #, go to the dealer and ask for the part. 1997 parts are in stock and no problem.
NOS stands for "new old stock" and is used when dealing with old car parts. Mostly stuff no longer stocked by the dealers.
Read the directions. A new master cylinder if not properlly installed will not work!
disston

His usage would be understandable if we were talking about a 1937 Lincoln Zephyr. He was asking about a 1997 Lincoln Town Car which is essentially a used car for which parts are widely available.