Strange timing of no-start problem

'88 Bronco II. 2.8 litre v-6. 5-speed manual.
Missed cleaning the battery terminals earlier this fall, so just got around to it today. Truck had been starting fine prior to this, but
immediately upon finishing the job, truck won't start. Getting the clicking sound i always associate with solenoid.
I do believe cables went back on tight. Any thoughts?
I've got the charger on it now, and it is taking a trickle, maybe about 6 amps.
+oM
should have said.....2.9 liter....all other particulars the same.

If there was much corrosion on the terminals, the problem may be that the wire inside the leaded clamp is corroded.
Did you twist the clamps as you were reinstalling them on battery posts? Doing that makes sure you have a good contact.
you pay..DEAL with it!
It took some twisting to get'em on. I'm about as certain as I can be that contact is being made.
I suppose the disturbance of me taking the wires off and putting them back on could have caused a wire to break inside. We'll see what charging up does.....+oM

I have seen the cable/clamp go bad with poor internal connection. I found since the area of highest resistance will get warm.
If your battery terminals were corroded, check the connections at the other ends of the battery cables, the ground, solinoid, and at the starter.
Frank

Didn't have time today to look at those, but the one I could see, hot lead to solenoid looked fine.
Just seems so strange to have this happen AFTER cleaning up batt. terminals.....+oM

Tomdad, thought about putting corrosion back inside the terminal-clamps? Seriously, dunno about your particular application, but look for a small wire pulled off a solenoid fed by the battery pos. cable. May find one accidentally pulled off. HTH, s