Taurus electronic climate controls

Does anyone know if it is possible to just replace the radio control panel on a 2002 Taurus with one that has electronic climate controls instead of
the knobs and have it work properly? In other words, is it just the head that is different? Also, would the outside temp display on the electronic controls work?
Thanks!

It's more than the head. My Grand Marquis had a sensor in front of the rad for outside temperature, one on top of the dash to see if the sun was shining, and I think there was also one in the dash to sense the inside temperature. If you're thinking of changing it, investing in a manual may be worthwhile, so that you're sure of what's involved.
--
Jim Nagy
Elm Electronics