The Fiesta run-a-round

Dealer said he was only allowed to get one at a time.
Dealer said they were backordered at the factory.
Dealer admitted that they weren't even coming out of the factory although
tv commercials said they were available.
That is why after driving Fords since 1965 I am now driving a Hyundai Accent & very pleased with it!
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

There was a delay in shipments during the due to a hurricane damaging the rail lines and later a short stop-shipment due to a defective load of seat levers, but Ford has been building and shipping them since August 26th.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6706731/auto-news/ford-fiesta-shipments-back-on-track-following-faulty-component-fix/index.html
You probably should have contact Ford's Customer Service line (800-392-3673) to get the official scoop. Dealers sometime fib...
On 02 Dec 2010 22:40:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@NewsReader.Com (ibbill42) wrote Re The Fiesta run-a-round:

My daughter bought a new Hyundai this year a loves it.

On 12/3/2010 4:49 AM, Caesar Romano wrote:

Back in the 50s and 60s several people I know bought Edsels and they loved them.
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:14:49 -0900, Dave Dodson

Edsels were before my time, but my understanding of them is that they were a marketing and/or esthetics failure. People didn't like the way they looked, and marketing couldn't change that. They were not a reliability problem.
I could be wrong about that; but that's my understanding of what happened.
I have a 2005 5-speed manual Focus ZX4, and while I haven't had any major problems with it, I have had several minor problems and complaints that would cause me to consider Ford last when it comes time to replace it; even though it is the fifth new Ford vehicle we had purchased in the past 25 years.

wrote Re Re: The Fiesta run-a-round:

Of the two people I knew that had Edsels in the early 60s, rust was a major problem. One of them was on the Gulf coast, so salt air may have had a part in it. But the other was from southern Arizona, had never seen salt water or snow (or the salt to melt it), and was rusted out at least as bad as the Alabama one. Both of them ran like scalded dogs, though. Very strong! -- SC Tom
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:14:49 -0900, Dave Dodson

They were actually pretty great cars, with a few quirks and all the problems of a Ford of the day.
The early Hyundais would have turned you off the brand in a matter of months - the old Pony and Stellar, and the first excels?
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:11:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

OTOH the newer Hyundai's are good cars for the first 100,000 or so.
says...

Edsel's got their reputation mostly due to the weird styling and high price during a recession. The quality generally wasn't different than most any other car of the period.