Torinos

The old ford torino's... are they worth anything these days?
seem very rare at least around my area.
how much would you expect to pay for one in street shape...

My guess if you kept to the early 70's they would be a little below the same year Mustangs.
Since the price of Mustangs can get prohibitive, more and more are looking at Gran Torino's and Montego GT's. '72 and '73 GT's are sharp :)
I believe a '69 Torino was basically a re-badged Fairlane GT
What year you looking at?
Jim

Jim in Canada wrote:

I'm looking at just the vintage you mentioned... 69 to 72
Looking FOR i should say.
Not sure why but i just took a liking to these cars... the mustangs are great and all, but a little trendy.. i want something different.

That is 3 very distinctly different body styles... 68-69
http://www.phoenixgraphics.com/ford/sk1402.jpg
http://www.loti.com/60s_muscle_cars/Ford-Muscle/69TORINO_COBRA1.JPG
70-71
http://vettesndreamcars.com/photos/71_Ford_Torino.jpg
http://www.damage.fi/slas/images/cars/70torinoGT.jpg
http://www.damage.fi/slas/images/cars/jstorino70.jpg
http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com/sold/images/71_Torino_cobra/71_torinocobra2.jpg
72+
http://www.torinocobra.com/images/kenneth_freeman_72.jpg
http://americanad.free.fr/marques/groupe%20ford/ford/Ford72/Ford72model.jpg
Of coarse, 70-71 being the best looking....
My Name Is Nobody wrote:

http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com/sold/images/71_Torino_cobra/71_torinocobra2.jpg
well thats where i want to be for sure... 69's pretty good too, but yes you're right...70-71
I began looking on the internet around here, and found a few in Canada.
70-71s http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID0282438&pgno=1&srt=1 http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID )475785&pgno=1&srt=1 http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID0060204&pgno=1&srt=1
72: you're right -- i don't like this style as well as the 70-71
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID )789887&pgno=1&srt=1
My Name Is Nobody wrote:

how rare were the ram air's? the 3 in canada i posted links on weren't ram air, and of the 72's there was only a couple with hood scoops..
that seems like a nice and functional option.

The "Shaker" hood/air cleaner assemblies were fairly rare, very sought after, and are quite expensive today...
My Name Is Nobody wrote:

ok, so they do call that a shaker hood, eh... i thought that may have been a mopar thing
Either way, these cars have really caught my radar... how much bigger than a mustang are they?
This might be a good place to start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Torino
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... |The old ford torino's... are they worth anything these days? |
70-71 Torinos in the northeast USA rusted out in 5 or 6 years, mostly rear quarters and front torque boxes / firewall. They just didn't hold up well. I sold my 351c 4bbl 70 Torino GT to a guy 5 years ago in non running condition for $250 as a parts car for his 429 Torino convertible project. He made the swaps and threw a tarp on the remains and left it in his backyard to rust some more until this summer, when he decided to rebuild what was left of mine for his son.
He told me a seller in CT. with a perfect condition Torino GT was asking $18,000 for the car.