05 reg 1.8 TDCi Focus power steering..

Well, I'm a full month into owning my new (new to me) Focus.
Brilliant it's been too.
Checking my levels before and after a trip to Bournemouth earlier in
the week I noticed there isn't anywhere to fill up - or check - the power steering fluid.
Very odd. I had a look in the 'manual' and it says the PS fluid in turbo diesel's don't need refilling.. Ever.. So this obviously begs the question, how does it work? Is it not hydraulic?
Anyone know?
Cheers, paul.

Probably electrically assisted, more efficient as it doesn't have to run a hydraulic pump all the while the engine is on.
Hellraiser...........>

Could be electric?
--
*Bigamy is having one wife too many - monogamy is the same

Quick replies. Cheers.
I didn't know they did 'electrically assisted' power steering. You learn something new every day.
Something else to prolly go wrong down the line. Heh. :)
paul.
the electro-hydraulic power assisted steering that the new shape focus's and fiestas use is a speed sensitive unit that does use a conventional rack and runs an electric pump not a mechanical belt driven one.
No ford system uses the type built into the column like fiat pinto's etc.
HATH
ME