2003 Focus wont start after rain.

Well about 3 weeks ago, my car wouldnt start, I got the battery tested, it said it was a bad battery. So I bought a new battery, and I was on my way. Today, I was driving stopped, I had my window down, and
got out, I only planned on being a second, so I didnt bother to roll it up. I took about an extra 5 mins, and it started raining pretty hard within that time, when I got back in, my car wouldnt start. At first it made the clicking noise just like when my battery was dead. Then it made no noise, then a louder buzzing sound..then the noise when the keys are just sitting in the ignition, then if I would turn my wheel, it would go crazy and just start beeping all over the place. Is it possible some water just got in the steering wheel column and just needs to dry? I read something about the anti theft deal inside of keys causing a similar problem, but I dont have a spare to try it, but I did read that the key wouldnt turn if that may be an issue...Im pretty clueless and very frustrated at this point. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks!