2008 Dashboard radio controls

Hi,

I have a 2008 focus with the 6 cd changer.

Earlier this year it jammed and I spent $3xx getting the dealer to pull out the CD player and send it back to ford for repair.

About 2 months ago I had an incident where the dashboard radio/cd controls didn't work for a day or so then started working again. Today, once again the dash controls stopped working but the steering wheel controls still worked so I could still make phone calls saying the name, change media types and change stations or move forward/backward on the CD player.

What might cause this to stop working and then start again?

I'm hoping tomorrow my dash controls will work again, but if not, what is involved in getting in there? (I know the trim around the vents comes off as they didn't snap it in well and I have a little plumbing type camera that I might be able to wedge in there to look for loose wires (or I'll short out something myself...

Thanks for any suggestions...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing