Electrical Problem

I have a 2000/2001 (Y) UK Ford Focus turbo diesel. Recently my rear windscreen heater, wiper, intermittant function on front wipers, interior lights and buzzer
when lights are left on, have all stopped working.
I have checked the fuses and they all seem ok. I was told that the problem may be a multi-function relay (whatever that is). Does anyone know of such a thing? Is it easy to fix or do I need a second mortgage for a repair bill?