Focus problem on first start up

I need some help or new ideas regarding a 2000year 2.0litre ghia focus. On first start up it is ok but drive down the road and come to first junction just stops, turn engine over and it starts and is ok for rest of
day. When it is started up at end of day same thing happens, if it is left to get warm it is ok anyone any ideas???? idle speed is 700-750 when warm,on first start up runs at 1200rpm approx.

It may just be a warning signal that the poor little dear is asking for a tune-up i.e. plugs, wires, clean the intake plenum etc. Otherwise, I'd have it checked for codes.

What year and mileage? More than likely you have the first signs the ISCV and throttle body need cleaning...
Tim..
Dittto! good ole can of carb cleaner! lol
MC