Handbrake mechanism on rear disc brakes.

Just changed the rear disc pads on my focus and now the driver side caliper handbrake mechanism doesn't work. Looking at it with the handbrake on the actuating lever on that side is a lot further forward
than the other side and the wheel spins freely. Is there a method of "resetting" the handbrake mechanism in the caliper? it worked fine before I dismantled it to change the pads.