pointer exchanging Focus battery

Hi all,
after getting curious how long the first battery on my 1999 Focus would last and that it might just stop working when I at least expect it, I just had it changed.
Things you need to do, in case your Focus has the gadgets:
- Reprogramming all electric windows, teach them the upper position so closing with a single button press works again.
- Turning on double lock again, which in addition turns on anti thief system. (See manual)
Flash lights should flash once to show alarm is turned on. You can check if it's working with opening the bonnet while it's on. The car doesn't know that the proper key was used and will turn the alarm on.
The new battery has stopped instruments to go off scale reading for 1-2 seconds after starting the engine. Voltage doesn't break down that horrible if the heated windscreen is running while engine is idle. We'll see how long the later effect lasts?
Self ECU reprogramming seems to have run quite well, engine runs better then ever now. ;-)

It's learnt from the way you drive and not from the boy racer mechanic who took your car for a 'test drive' the last time it was repaired :)
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com