Rear brake pads and discs - replacement mileage

Hi All,

I've just had my 37000 mile service on a 54 reg focus tdci and have had to have the rear discs and pads replaced. Is this normal mileage? Other cars I've had have lasted twice as long! There's only about 10% braking done at the back - made of cotton wool these days or are the dealers just taking the mick?

thanks for any replies

Simon

Reply to
mallo

Interesting as I too have had a similar experience on my 02 reg 1.8 Ghia with 27k miles. On mine the front discs and pads went, something was done on the rear drums, there are bits to replace on the front suspension (another 300 UKP) and this is after a few months back having both sides of the front stay arm replaced!

So, have I got a lemon or is this normal?

Reply to
iang