Wipers not returning to park position

Hi,
When windscreen wipers are flicked for a single wipe or stopped during screen wipe they stop immediately and do not return to their park position.
If they are on intermittent they return to park between wipes (although come up an inch from the bottom of the wipe) but also stop immediately if the stalk is put to stop position. I thought this ight be a simple relay swap, but someone started talking to me about switches in the motor arm registering the park position....
Is this a relay or something somewhere else in the mechanism???
Thanks, Toby

When it happened on my 2003 SE wagon [US], it was the relay and it was covered under the warranty.
Yup, relay changed and ok.
Thanks