Ford/Chevy wheel swap

Anyone know if the wheels from a 91 Ford E-250 3/4 ton van will fit on an 89

3/4 ton Chevy Suburban? Jack
Reply to
fly in the ointment

I believe all 8 bolt wheels will interchange.

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

All 8 lugs wheels are not the same. The bolt pattern is but the center hole for the hub is smaller on Chevy rims. What I have found is Ford rims will fit on Chevy's but not the other way around. I would check that they fit before purchasing them.

Reply to
James Gillespie

Thanks! I knowed;) there was a problem with the center hole size but didn't know the rest for sure.

OP, my suggestion is to measure yours and write it down/memorize it and then you'll be able to handle any situation like a ruined wheel on vacation or whatever?

Just yesterday I discovered what my problem was (other and being a dumbshit I mean) with the symtom of the wheel lugs being over or uneavenly tightened.

Turns out to be my brand new Raybestos rotor I bought a year ago or so. It looks like the original even made in canada like the original but for one thing... The machist made it "pretty" by chamfering the edge 3/23" where the wheel rests, so the whole surface is ~3/16" smaller in diameter than it needs to be! No kidding! :/ I have three orginals around here and they ain't chamfered, the face is cut straight and left as is, kind of square but ragged since the cast surface is the other face.

To fix it, the studs would have to be removed and the face cut back 3/32". Weird huh? :/

Never know what you're going to find until you look huh?

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Many thanks to all who replied. Just got back from the tire store, and as some said, the ford wheels will go on the Chevy, but not visa-versa. :-( Jack

fly in the ointment wrote

Reply to
fly in the ointment