Leaking Heater Core

It appears that the heater core in my 98 F150/4.6L is leaking. the small puddle of Antifreeze under the truck and smell from the vents seem to match the symptoms for a leaking core. Would there be any problem with disconnecting the hoses and connecting a bypass hose until I get the truck fixed. I need to use it for the next several weeks.

It also seems to have a small leak in the AC system, could the condenser have gone at the same time?

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Toth

Not related. The core should be replaced (not that hard), but you can either by-pass or try some stop leak solution. This stuff works ok if you flush and fill with fresh water first......

Reply to
Travis McGee

No problem with what you want to do.

Reply to