Mirror with thermometer...

The wife's Explorer has the inside mirror with the built in thermometer and compass display. I have an '03 F-250 that I would like to add something like this. ANyone done this and what wiring changes were necessary. I'm thinking a used part form the salvage yard might be a place to start. Thanks.

Reply to
Smitty

ebay lists f250 mirror with compass and they also have an auction for overhead console. you might need the corresponding wire harness. Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Reply to
Agave

Anyone happen to know whereabouts the probe for the external temp "lives" in an F-150?

Reply to
StreetMedic

On my 2001 f150 4x4 supercab XL, it is a a short black sensor (looks like a

2 inch cigar) mounted on the radiator support in the center of the upright portion. I was able to buy the sensor from my regular dealer and the wire and connector was already there (loaded with road dirt.) My truck did not have the harness for my roof console, so I had to buy that from a differant dealer who would take the time to figure out what I needed.
Reply to
Rocky