Tires

Does anyone have experience with either one of these two tires for 2001 F150

4x4 SuperCab?

Wrangler AT/S Michelin Cross Terrain

Both are a bit pricey, and both seem to be rated about equal.

I appreciate your comments.

Ed

Reply to
ELDove

"ELDove" wrote in news:oUaNc.329772$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

I've had two sets of Wrangler AT/S's.....my first set and my last set. They are a hard riding tire, make way too much road noise, and don't clean themselves well when in mud. They load up with mud and you might as well be running slicks. They are the only tire that ever got me stuck with my 4x4.

I have a set of Michelin LTX 31x10.50 15's on it now. Those are more of a highway tread but they're great in mud and snow.

Sorry, no experience with the Cross Terrain.

Ron

Reply to
Hotwhlz85

Do not go with the Wrangler's. They are terrible in Ice and Snow. The Michelin is worth the money. Also consider the BF Goodrich AT's and Bridgestone Dualer REVO's. I have the Goodrich on the Bronco and they are like glue. Ride a bit hard though. I have the Revo's on my F350 CC. Great tire.

Reply to
Mellowed

go with bfg a/t's much better and for the price too. john

Reply to
johnny

I second the BFG's. Got 'em on the 4Runner and man do they last forever.. I think I got almost 60k out of the last set. If I could find 'em in a 37x13.50-16 size, I'd put 'em on the 350 too..

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:08:36 +0000, ELDove rearranged some electrons to form:

I really hate to say it given all the "buy 'Merican" in this space but Michelins are MUCH better than the wingfoots (I've also had BFGs and Uniroyals) and the Michelins have been the best. More $$ but if you can afford it, go that route.

BFG's would be my 2nd choice.

Reply to
David M

I also second the BFG's. I just put a set of LT315-75R-16 (35x12.50-16) on my F250 SD. Very sticky.

Reply to
Bob

Have you thought about Cooper Tires?

Great wear, great traction, great price compared to the overpriced Michelins and Goodyears.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to