Tonneau cover question

I have a tonneau cover on my F-150 with the three 'ribs' and then the cross bar at the rear of the box, just above the tail gate.

I need to do some hauling. Now the three 'ribs' remove nice and easy but how do I get that cross darn bar at the back off? There just doesn't seem to be an obvious, easy way to remove it!

Anybody know what I have to do? Loosen the whole frame?

Reply to
Doogie

Just tap it towards the rear. The rear rail and the corners will slide out of the side rails.

Keith

Doogie wrote:

Reply to
Krow

mine has a tab to push into the side rail before teh rear section will disengage. john

Reply to
John Cadella

I used to have a soft tonneau on my truck. When I didn't want it on I just undid the 8 (IIRC) clamps that held it onto the bed and took the whole cover off in one piece.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson