2000 alero rough idle from cold start

I have a 6 cylinder 2000 olds Alero. When I start it from a cold start it idles rough for about 60 seconds and then runs fine. As long as the engine is warm I have no problems. If I try to drive off
while it is idleing rough the check engine light will come on and and go off after it starts to idle correctly. I thought it might be the EGR valve stuck open or something like that. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help.
jdmcfish wrote:

Even if there's no check engine light, dump the codes from the computer.
Far less expensive and quicker than throwing parts at the problem. -- pj

I think I'll go buy a scan tool. This is an OBD2 car isn't it?

Sure is.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I think I'll go buy a scan tool. This is an OBD2 car isn't it?
I believe that AutoZone stores offer a free scan for codes. HTH

Thanks. I took off the egr valve and I was able to loosen one side with my fingers. It wasn't even tight at all. I think it was leaking some air. I cleaned it and put it back together and it has worked fine since.