2000 buick vibration

Have 2000 buick regal 73,000 miles have front end vibration at 36 to 45 mph. Put new tie rods on front end aligned new tires-balanced. Also new plugs. newbie any comments.

skidstar wrote:

Its been my experience that that type of resonance vibration is almost always due to tire imbalance. When you had the tires balanced, did they use bubble or spin?

Bubble? Geeze Paul, you're dating yourself. I haven't seen a bubble balancer in years and years. And to think, I can remember when that's all you saw.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Funnnnny :) Yeah, your probably right. I can remember when spin balancing was eliminated because of lawyers.

I missed that. What happened?
Michael Pardee wrote:

Michael Pardee wrote:

I worked as a line mech at Ford, Lincoln/Merc, & Chevy dealers as a line mech for years during the exploding tire episodes when spin balancing. The dealers instituted no spin policies. Lasted a long time. Mike Marlow is right. I have not been a mech for a long time. Still in vehicles but in fuel supply now to trucking companies.

Paul, my dad was in the tire business, & it seems like I can b-a-r-e-l-y remember that period of no spin-balancing; but then I'm only 62 ;)(Couldn't resist that!) Seriously, I do seem to recall his talking about it, altho' I never worked there--was grown and gone by then. s
Found the problem was a faulty constant velocity joint on drivers side new one from napa $90 installed myself hope this helps someone else