96 LeSabre rattles and shakes

Just started yesterday. While driving on expressway around 65-70 mph the front started to rattle and shake. It sounded and felt like I was driving
over the rubble strips on the side of the road. As soon as I slowed down it stopped. It did this several times. It seemed to only do it above 60 mph. I checked the tire pressure and they were all ok. The steering stayed straight.
What should I look at now? I am thinking maybe struts.

Out of balance wheel. Broken belt in tire. Bent rim. Bad tie rod.
I'm sure there's more, have it checked out by a mechanic.
Steve

Were you applying the brakes at that time? If so - rotors & pads.
If not - wheel balance, broken tire chords, bent wheel.
Struts? Not likely at all.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

You may or may not see a bulge because of a broken belt. Best way to check things out is rotate the tires, see if the vibration changes from the wheel to the seat of your pants.
Steve

There's a 50% chance you'll find it by switching just one side: then test drive & you may save doing the other two. BTW: If it moves to the seat, it's now on rear. Opposite, now on front. sam
I drove it today and did not have any problems. I will switch the tires front to back and see what happens. The rattle was like the whole car was running over rubble strips on the side of the road.

Had the tires and wheels check and was told they are fine. I have notice a slight vibration starts around 50 mph only when acceleration slightly.

CV joints starting to go? If it happens under acceleration, I'd think more drive train than tires, struts, suspension.