auto windows tinting (regulations in Ontario)?

Hi folks, I am interested in tinting the windows of my car. I am wondering what the regulations are in Ontario related to the tinting of auto windows? I recall that you can not make it too dark in the front
or something like that ? right? Can someone please shed light on this topic? We all could become more knowledgeable. TIA
Joseph wrote:

Well looking at the latest set of tinting laws I have on hand for Canada says you can tint 15 centimeters on the top edge of the windshield. NO tinting allowed (beyond factory glass)on the driver or passenger windows. Rear passenger windows are OK to tint to any shade as is the rear window.
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Consumer_Info/auto_provincelaws.html
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

I am in Ontario, and after I bought my midnight black Bonneville, I had 5% tint put on all around. That's front and back windows (not the windshield, of course). I was told that Ontario doesn't really have a "law" against window tinting, but if you get pulled over, and the Officer "feels" the windows are too dark, he/she can ticket you. I actually ended up taking the 5% off the front windows, as it was too dark for me to see properly at night. My sister left the 5% all around her car, and doesn't mind it at all.
As for the tinting itself (law aside), it's really a personal preference. Like I said, I didn't like the 5% on my front windows, as it was much too dark at night, and didn't even let much light in the car during the day either. If I were to get my next vehicle tinted, I would likely go with 15% or 35%. Those are much lighter, and while they don't look as good, they are much easier to see out of.