Bumper tow bar?

I sold a parts car the other day, and the guy who picked it up had a bumper mount tow bar. I'd never seen anything like this before. It hooks around the top edge of the bumper, and has 2 small chains with
hooks that clamp to the bottom edge. Then you tighten 2 nuts and it pulls the chains snug.
When I asked where he got it, he told me he got it from his brother who had bought it at an auction a few years back.
Obviously they would be no good on any car or truck without a solid metal front bumper, but seems like a good alternative to renting a tow dolly to get a project car home a short distance.
Anyone ever seen one of these, or know where I can buy one?
snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net wrote:

Those things used to be everywhere. I had one for awhile. You might try a junkyard or towing service. U-Haul probably still sells them.
Just called U-haul and they said that they were dis-continued a couple years ago, since cars no longer have solid metal bumpers. Guess I'll have to search harder. Sure would be handy to have, as most of the cars I tinker with are the older solid bumper style anyway.
-Tony

This is similar....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjustable-Bumper-Mount-Tow-Bar-5000Lb_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33653QQitemZ8013901861QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
They were the standard tow bar in the pre energy absorbing bumper day. I wouldn't use one on any shock equipped bumper, those bumpers will pull right off. Experience speaking here.......... hehehe