Corrisca Question URGENT!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 91 Corsica for a back up car to use in emergencies. Tonight out of the blue the alt/battery light came on. It is not on during idle or really really slow, but only when a load is applied to the engine. My guess
is the alternator is going but am not sure. any ideas???
Mike snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Alternator

I vote alternator

Probably the integrated voltage regulator in the alternator - any good electrical rebuilder can fix this separately, save you some on total cost (or hit the wrecking yards...)
.