Urgent Advice Needed

Hi All

I have a 1300dp with 30pict2 Solex carb. I'm planning to take the car on a fairly long trip tomorrow and have a bit of a problem. The carb has a 125 main jet and a 125 air correction jet. The engine runs well, but I recently installed a 130 air correction jet, the jet however didn't come with that emulsion tube attached, according to the Carb centre they don't get them like that anymore (utter crap I'm sure but I don't have time to look for one that does). With this 130 (no emulsion tube) air correction jet installed the car seems to have a bit more perk above and around 60mph, I think it's got a bit more power. Unfortunately if I accelerate the car quickly off idle (ie while the car is in neutral, press the gas pedal all the way down and quickly release) the engine has a slight hesitation while accelerating. And sounds like it's going to stall for about a second then the engine picks up and revs freely. If I increase revs from say 2000 - 3000 there's no hesitation. This doesn't occur with the 125 air correction jet with emulsion tube.

My question is what should I travel with? Can I do any harm using the 130? And Why does it hesitate?

Thanks in advance Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Thanks

I decided to stick to the 125, and ended up having a safe and enjoyable trip! The reason I wanted to put the 130 in there was, because my main jet is a 125 which is slightly to rich for a 1300, and I figured a 130 might lean it out at the higher rpms!

Cheers Kevin

Reply to
Kevin