How do I find my paint color on an 89 Caprice?

I once heard that the color of the paint on a car is stamped somewhere on the car. WHERE?
Or is it part of the VIN number?
I have an 89 Caprice, and want to get a can or two of touchup paint.
It's old and not worth repainting, but it still runs fairly well, so I want to touch up a few rust spots. Those Duplicolor cans at the parts stores dont go back that far in years. I'll probably have to get it from a regular paint store.
Yea, I know it wont be a perfect match due to fading of the old paint, but as I said, it's not so much for looks as it is to stop rust spots. Yet. I dont want to just use something totally different in color.
Thank you
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:51:14 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@drivin.com wrote:

Go here http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Chevrolet / and you should be able to figure it out. I think the sticker is on the inside of the glove compartment