How to tell when you engine was built

Is there a way to determine when the engine in your GM vehicle was built?
The sticker on the door indicates that my car was assembled in January 2003.
Supposedly, 3.1L & 3.4L engines assembled in November 2002 and later have the new design intake manifold gasket in them, so I would like to figure out when the engine was assembled.