Intermitant Turn Signals

Lately on my 01 Monte I've been having my turn signals stop working, either in the middle of using them or they just won't come on. My guess is it's a loose connection in the dash, as sometime a good slap
to the top of it might engage them. Any thoughts on where I should look first and what I'm looking for? I don't want to tear the dash apart and just starting playing with plugs.
Thanks!
Tom
Tommy wrote:

Before you do any extensive looking try replacing the turn sig relay. If that does not fix it then I would suspect the turn sig switch next.
I have a intermittent problem like that with my car. If I turn on the signal then get our and look, they work for a second and then the don't, then they work for a second, and then they don't, then they work for a second, and then they don't, then they work for a second, and then they don't. When I take in back to the dealer and complain they give me the old, "They all do that," line."
mike

So when you are watching while someone else actuates switch, and he asks if they are working NOW, do you answer, "Yep, nope, yep, nope....."? Thx, Mike; I needed a morning boost. sam