Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Page 14 of 16
Bill Turner wrote:

That's OK, don't bother, you might slip and fall on the way in and sue the hospital. My medical care costs enough already. Please just stay home with your remote control and don't do anything where you might hurt yourself.
Matt
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:59:57 -0400, Matt Whiting

Good LORD Matt !
Just What are you encouraging?
Bill will get repetitive strain injury in his thumb from the remote, TV news induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, onset of obesity and a propensity for diabetes from the food the TV commercials are "forcing" him to consume, back strain from trying to get off his ass to go to the refrigerator, etc, etc, etc.....
Quick, someone call that man a Lawyer !
LOL!
What about the heart attack he gets when he try's dialing the lawyer?
The problem with society today is, every wants to blame everyone else!
I've had cars without cup holders, and I've never put cups of hot coffee between my legs! My nuts were as important to me then, as they are to me now!
Refinish King

Full_Name wrote:

OK, Bill you're a Lawyer! Actually, I hadn't thought of that before, but I'll bet he IS a lawyer. That would explain is POV.
Matt
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:05:45 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

Let me read that again. "There is no inherent danger in things".
Wow. Lawyers all over the land are salivating, just thinking about that little beauty.
Please post a list of places you work, things you are responsible for, etc, etc, so they can get started.
--
BT

All right, I screwed up. I mistook "an" for "no". Duh. When I goof, I say so.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

Yes, you've provided a great example of airhead thinking in your example. Comparing nitroglycerine to hot coffee is pretty dumb.

My recollection is that McDonald's coffee cups have had warnings for many years about the contents being hot. And you have to assume some reasonable intelligence on the part of the public. Almost any consumer product is dangerous if used improperly. Things like ladders shouldn't need 25 warning labels for crying out loud. Then again, with people like you, maybe these warnings are needed, however, you can never had enough warnings for people who think like you.
Matt

Now you're getting it, which proves you're even dumber than McDonalds. They got it years ago.
--
BT

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

As far as I know Corning hasn't went out of business. And I have a pretty good reason for knowing!
Matt
You are correct, Corning recovered from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
mike hunt
Matt Whiting wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Keep trying. Corning (GLW) has never been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Dow Corning has, but not Corning Incorporated, commonly known simply as Corning.
Matt
Touch. ;)
mike hunt
Matt Whiting wrote:

Corning got pretty close though. Built too much fiber-optics capacity during the dot com boom. I believe they have a empty shell of a plant on the NC coast if they haven't unloaded it yet.

Art wrote:

Only if you consider Concord, NC to be on the coast. :-) And I don't think it is empty, just idle.
Matt
Concord is near Charlotte. They also built a box near Wilmington and it is empty. http://www.bizsites.com/2001/dj2001/hotspots.nc.html

Art wrote:

Wrong again. The Wilmington plant is running very well.
Matt
Yes you are correct. The plants were closed but are now open.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0UKG/is_2002_Jan_21/ai_82532573
My news was old news.

Art wrote:

You are much closer now, but the Wilmington plant was never shut down ... other than when the occasional hurricane threatens.
Matt
The article indicates it was closed. Perhaps they just delayed outfitting it. Anyway, who cares.

What do you expect from an ignorant top poster?