Platinum spark plugs 3800?

I want to change the spark plugs in my '96 Buick Lesabre 3800 series 2. Do I have to use platinum plugs? Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement plug?
Thanks in advance.
If that's what the owner's manual specifies, then that's what you should use. Especially on a V6, why force yourself to repeat the job any sooner than necessary..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
So platinum it is. NGK, Autolite, AC?

series
AC is what it will have from the factory, why mess with what works..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Platinum plugs are an advertising gimmick... just like those stupiid splitfire plugs. All they do is lighten your wallet.
Plain old AC plugs are the best thing to use in any GM engine.
Tony
In a DIS system the platinum is there for a real reason, standard plugs will not last long. It won't make much difference in a standard system because the spark goes from the center to ground. In a DIS system one cylinder fires center electrode to ground and the other plug fires ground to center electrode. Without the platinum the system will burn up a set of plugs in about 10,000 miles.
That being said I agree for standard engine types a good set of RapidFires are the best out there. Steve W.

2.
I've had excellent luck with the Borch Platinum plugs. I'd recommend them for high milage engines, as the fine wire electrode is resistant to fouling.