Tire pressure sensors 2003 Cadillac /re-setting

After having a tire repaired and all wheels rotated my sensors are giving me crazy readings. I know they can be re-set using the remote control and a "tool" which is a magnet. Can anyone tell me what kind of magnet I could buy to avoid a 2 hour wait at my dealership for this 5 minute job?

Reply to
Bob in South Carolina via CarK

Shep

I'm not sure how powerful the magnet has to be....but you could try buying one of those small horseshoe style magnets and give the reset procedure a try. Key on.....hold lock and unlock buttons on your key fob at the same time until the horn chirps....then hold the magnet at the left front wheel until the horn chirps, move around the car clockwise, the left rear wheel will be last, and the horn should chirp twice when that wheel has been relearned.

If this doesn't work, you might have to take it in to the dealer.... again, I'm not sure how powerful the magnet has to be....the service manual explains that the magnet simply activates an internal magnetic reed switch which puts the sensor into the "learn" mode. You'd think that pretty much any kind of magnet would work.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I use a small rare earth horseshoe magnet (think it came from radio shack a while ago) It works fine. Don't bother trying to use a bar style magnet the reed switches are installed without regard to pole orientation so you get to keep flipping the magnet ends to reset the sensors. PITA that way.

Reply to
Steve W.