Tire Rotation Every Service Interval ???

Page 2 of 2

No one said not to inspect the tires. Rotating won't stop problems that occur from hitting pot holes or curbs. Only takes a few seconds to peek at them once a week or so and more detailed when it is on the lift for an oil change.
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:02:05 -0500, Happy Trails cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

If you have to ask this question, then those "service monkeys with power wrenches" must know a hell of a lot more than you. BTW - what is a power wrench?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

We are having a useful discussion about modern car tire wear here. If you do not wish to add to it, then please do not post anything. any more silly, argumentative comments will be ignored.
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:19:13 -0500, Mike Marlow

Oh - sorry - mmarlowREMOVE, I forgot to attempt to explain this to you. I just assumed everyone reading here would know this, but I guess it is a little beyond your limited "real world knowledge and experience", hahaha.
A power wrench is a wrench operated by some power outside of your arms, hands (or feet, hahaha)! In most automotive work it is operated by air pressure, whereas in some machine shops or large marine vessels and shipyards they sometimes use hydraulically operated power wrenches. (I'd hate to see one of these in the hands of those service monkeys!)
Do you now understand?
But of course you knew, didn't you, that when I referred to "service monkeys with power wrenches" I was talking about those pimply-faced kids in the dealers workshops that use air wrenches to crank the wheel nuts on so effing tight you can hardly get them off yourself when you need to change a tire on the side of the highway, or the ones that use these tools on engine and transmission drain plugs and strip the threads.
So if you have nothing to add to the tire rotation discussion, why don't you just stop posting your obnoxious nonsense here?
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 09:50:25 -0500, Happy Trails cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

Because it's such sport to point out your foolisness. The above post is full of it, but I just don't feel like dealing with an idiot like you any further.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Having read your post's in this group, I must ask, are you old enough to even have a driver's license?
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:32:32 -0500, "80 Knight" <nospam> wrote:

you do not wish to add to it, then please do not post anything. any more silly, argumentative comments will be ignored.
Go Gens!

It must be winter, cause the Trolls are out in force. hahahahahaha Grow up pal.
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:15:03 -0500, "80 Knight" <nospam> wrote:

Yes, I noticed, sonny.
You and your bum buddy marlowe have added absolutely nothing of mechanic's knowledge to this discussion.

And you act as though you have the IQ of a toaster oven. If you want to have a discussion, that's fine, but don't expect to be taken seriously when you post like a 9 year old on AOL.
Time to wind it down for another weekend.
Thanks to ED, HLS, Canuck57, raamman, Mike, JohnG and others who contributed useful discussion in a positive way.
I know a lot more about tire rotation now, thanks to you guys.
It is unfortunate that a couple of "service monkeys" tried to jump in with their power wrenches and strip the threads off our discussion, but they'll let any old dipstick buy a pc these days. Can't be helped.
Have a good work week, and see you next Saturday.
Best regards,
Tom
Happy Trails wrote:

Most of us have had bad experiences with "service monkeys" but your posts certainly did not provide any solution that was relevant for the majority that don't have the facility, equipment and knowledge that you have in abundance.
I'll go with the people who post here that provide logical common sense solutions based on facts.
why, me - 09 Feb 2009 12:59 GMT

=================Hey dipshit - haven't you figured out how usenet works yet?
I posted the questions.
I'm not really expected to "provide any solution that was relevant" - that's up to the responders.
Welcome to my weekend, hahahahaha! ==================
Happy Trails wrote:

And you succeeded in not providing any solution. Congratulations.