2003 Civic side mirror

Um, today when parking I wrecked the passenger side's mirror. Fortunately, the mirror was not broken and the power folding thing seems to work okay, however, the thing that keeps the mirror and the
assembly together got broken, so the mirror now moves loosely
Do you have any ideas on how can can I fix this? Sure, I'll eventually have to replace the whole mirror assembly (that's some cash) but meanwhile, I'd like to drive with a mirror that stays put.
Thanks
Um, yeah, the housing is the thing that I broke. I may try to give it a temporary fix, but I don't know how to take the mirror off without damaging the power folding system.
It's not that bad. I smashed one on a 98 Civic. Look around on the net. It isn't a drive-train component, so grab the cheapest one you can find. The one I got was plenty cheap and it was amost indistinguishable.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I busted my drivers side mirror off [ATM Machine] it was hanging by the cables but still worked so I pushed it back in place got some red duck tape and it worked great.....I color matched the car....had a Red 1996 Civic 2 Dr EX. They wanted over 300 bucks to replace it.....I didn't have that kinda cash at the time.
Anyway worked for me<G>
Dumplin
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

    Hot melt glue gun! bob
N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:

The glue gun is a sensible idea (or duct tape, for that matter), but I am not able to separate the mirror from the power folding pivots. Any idea on how can take the mirror off without damaging the power folding system?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

The power systems are contained within the mirror housing. As with just about all Honda "flag"-mounted mirrors, three screws/nuts hold the mirror assembly on to the flag portion of the window frame.
Working with the door open, carefully pry the trim cover from the inside face of the flag until the cover pops off. The clip that holds it on is mid-point at the forward edge of the triangle. This will expose the nuts and electrical connector. Disconnect the electrical connector, remove nuts, pull housing away from the door. Entire mirror should come off.
Does this work for you?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ