99 Accord heater / A/C control?

     Any Honda mechanics hang out here?
Anyway.... I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX... with the manual heater / AC controls. My switch to control
the fan speed only works on one speed and I can feel that the switch has "slack" in it so its my assumption that the heater control unit needs to be replaced?
I believe Honda calls this item the heater control unit... while other manufactures may call it the A/C control head.
Is it basically a direct swap out to change one of these, it anyone knows.
I'm talking about the control unit in the dash that operates the heater / ac fan speed and the temp.
Thanks, Elbert ----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
It sounds like the keyed socket on the inside of the plastic round control has broken. Have you pulled the black round plastic control nob off to see?
Mine broke a couple of years ago and I did a crude repair job on it with a little plastic cement. The controls for the fan and temperature settings are the same and I switched them as the temperature setting control places less torque on the keyed socket. I haven't have a problem with either since making the repair and switch.
Elbert wrote:

that's a good idea... I'll check the backside of the knob to see.
wrote:

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
as a quick follow-on... the knob for the fan speed is not broken.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
Which speed does work? I think your problem may be with the blower resistor module.