Brake Pads / Life expectancy

I have a 2003 Civic LX without ABS, (front pads / Rear drums). I was wondering how long the factory installed brake pads on the front should last? I currently have around 31K on the car, and although there is no "squeeling" yet, how long should I wait? Thanks.

Reply to
Greggyboy

What did the dealer tell you when you had the 30k service. They rotate tires, check brakes as a part of that service. Or, did you skip the service. Brake life depends a lot on the driver, where the car is driven and so forth.. For example, I mostly drive my 01 Prelude on the highway and have 58k on the original pads.

Reply to
TWW

2000 civic - 60k on original pads. hilly country too.
Reply to
jim beam

Greggyboy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au:

How long is piece of string? Nobody knows. Literally.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I've got a used 2002 Civc lx with over 100k on it and the prevous owner said they never changed the pads and I have never touched them either. But it's mostly got Highway miles on it.

Reply to
Rob

Cars with auto gearbox tend to go through pads quicker also.

Reply to
MAT

Not necessarily true. It's mainly the driver that causes the excessive wear of the brake pads. I've gotten just under 100,000 km out of a set of the original front brake pads with my automatic Accord.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

i am still on my original front pad 150,000km 93 accord automatic. i do brake and lots of stop and go

sure love to be able to buy another set like the original

Reply to
J Oat