Brake Pads / Life expectancy

I have a 2003 Civic LX without ABS, (front pads / Rear drums). I was wondering how long the factory installed brake pads on the front should last? I currently
have around 31K on the car, and although there is no "squeeling" yet, how long should I wait? Thanks.
--
Greggyboy
message

What did the dealer tell you when you had the 30k service. They rotate tires, check brakes as a part of that service. Or, did you skip the service. Brake life depends a lot on the driver, where the car is driven and so forth.. For example, I mostly drive my 01 Prelude on the highway and have 58k on the original pads.
Greggyboy wrote:

2000 civic - 60k on original pads. hilly country too.

How long is piece of string? Nobody knows. Literally.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I've got a used 2002 Civc lx with over 100k on it and the prevous owner said they never changed the pads and I have never touched them either. But it's mostly got Highway miles on it.

Cars with auto gearbox tend to go through pads quicker also.

Not necessarily true. It's mainly the driver that causes the excessive wear of the brake pads. I've gotten just under 100,000 km out of a set of the original front brake pads with my automatic Accord.
Brian
i am still on my original front pad 150,000km 93 accord automatic. i do brake and lots of stop and go
sure love to be able to buy another set like the original

wear