Do I lose steering wheel controls with new radio?

Page 2 of 2
on 11/29/2014, Tony54 supposed :

If it was going to be an "installed" unit it would have been clearer cause it would have wired directly to the antenna input on the radio making it much less susceptible to interference.
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:43:32 PM UTC-5, Seth wrote:

Oh I see. He just told me I'd need the FM. One question: Would I still need a clear frequency?
Thank you.
Tony54 explained on 12/3/2014 :

Yes you would still need a clear frequency to make sure an actual radio station didn't interfere but the signal from the external source would be stronger than a non-installed unit and clearer.
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 1:23:18 PM UTC-5, Seth wrote:

Well, thank you. In that case I don't think the expense is justified.