Re: Hood Release Won't Release Hood

"Derek Lawler" wrote in news:AA47l.1227$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

I am trying to sell an '86 Honda Civic that I have been driving for > ten years. I listed it on Craigs List for 500 bucks and this morning > a man came by to look at it. I described all the problems I had with > it stalling etc. but when I went to pop the hood it would not release. > I put vice grips on the wire and pulled, banged on the hood, tried to > lever it with a screw driver and finally decided there was nothing I > could do to get the hood up short of cutting a hole over the catch. I > am fit to be tied!! The guy is coming back with his mechanically > inclined son to look at the car. I think I will just give it to him > for nothing if he'll take it. Derek in Pompano Beach, Florida > > >

you might be able to make a wire hook and go under the front bumper to snag the hood release latch or it's cable nearer to the latch.

That is one way thieves are breaking into Acura Integras.They open the hood,cut the alarm wires,then attack a door,so the alarm doesn't sound long enough for anyone to notice. They also pull out the plastic wheel well liner and grab the release cable from there.

Reply to
Jim Yanik