'91 Sonoma hood won't release

I pull on the release and it makes a noise unde rthe hood but the hood doesn't pop up so I can get to the latch.

Used a tool inserted through the grill to pull on the hand release at the latch but that doesn't help either.

Anyone know any tricks to get this open?

TIA Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Sometimes if you can get someone in front to hit the hood with their forearm the same time you try to pull the release, it can open. Sounds like the cable has stretched.

Reply to
Bill