Can't release hood

The inside hood release on my '93 Explorer XLT doesn't release the hood. It appears the cable is being pulled but nothing happens. Anyone had to deal with this before? How does one release the hood to get at the mechanism.

TIA Bob Lund

Reply to
Bob Lund

This worked for me. Find a bumpy road, and then pull the hood release and hold it while going over the bumps. Pull over and the hood should be partialy open, move the lever and open the rest of the way. If the hood is left on the first detent. it would be OK to drive to a safe place to work on your Vehicle.

George

Reply to
Pakgeorge

Bob- My friends 98 did the same thing. I used some WD-40 and a screwdriver to push the latch assembly away from the bracket it hooks to. If you use a light and peek under the edge of the hood near where the grille meets you may be able to see the latch. The 93 has a different from end so you may not be able to do this. You can also try to see if you can reach your arm up between the grille and radiator support and pull the cable. Good luck, and have PATIENCE.

Reply to
Goober