Re: Satellite radio question

My new "other brand" SUV came with Satellite radio. =A0I hadn't planned o= n

> renewing once the 'free trial' runs out, but the wife loves it. =A0Proble= m her > car is a 2004 Accord so she isn't driving my car all that often. =A0I was > thinking of getting her an add-on unit for her car. It has the 6 disc CD > player but no auxiliary input. =A0I know she wouldn't want the factory ra= dio > pulled to put an in-dash unit in. =A0What have others done to add Satelli= te > radio to their Accords? > > Thanks!

Years ago a bought the first-gen XM "Roadie" portable add-on radio along with the remote controller for it, and have been using it without an problems daily. You aften see these on motorcycles. The installation is not as 'clean' as in in-dash unit, but given that the price was only $40, I can live with an DC adapter plugged in to the 'cigarette lighter' and running a wire from the small external antenna magnetically mounted on the trunk. And I can easily move it to another car , or into the house and run it though my stereo FM radio.

Reply to
Zorro_2k